Mad Meeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clay

5 posters

Go down

Clay Empty Clay

Post by Chibiwolf Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Has anyone here ever worked with clay before? I have a few times but it was really messy. The school system is cheap and wont allow any more use of clay for pottery in art class because kids would throw it,n eat it, and steal it. Even in high school kids act like they JUST crawled out of Preschool T_T
Chibiwolf
Chibiwolf
Postaholic

http://s1.zetaboards.com/chibiwolf

Back to top Go down

Clay Empty Re: Clay

Post by Ashley Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I work with clay every once in a while. I have a lot of sculptures sitting up on my desk shelves...I like using clay, but I'm not that great with it. XP
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbinoWolf Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Lul.

I remember in around 5th grade or so, we made a ton of supports for our wood-thing for Odyssey of the Mind. Well, since the first design failed, and nobody wanted the clay things. So I took home blocks of clay, put eyes on them with Sharpie and called them... Clay Hamsters.

Good times.

I was even more of a noob IRL than I was once I got into the internet.
AlbinoWolf
AlbinoWolf
Expert Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibiwolf Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 am

Dark_Kokiri wrote:I work with clay every once in a while. I have a lot of sculptures sitting up on my desk shelves...I like using clay, but I'm not that great with it. XP

Sculpting isnt a big thing, so we get some use out of this forum, how about you add some of your art to it. I would love to see some of yours. Hope its as good as your drawings XD
Chibiwolf
Chibiwolf
Postaholic

http://s1.zetaboards.com/chibiwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:45 am

Chibiwolf wrote:
Dark_Kokiri wrote:I work with clay every once in a while. I have a lot of sculptures sitting up on my desk shelves...I like using clay, but I'm not that great with it. XP

Sculpting isnt a big thing, so we get some use out of this forum, how about you add some of your art to it. I would love to see some of yours. Hope its as good as your drawings XD

I wouldn't say it's as good but I'm proud of some of them. XP I'll go take pictures of them then.
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forgotten-Ragdoll Thu May 28, 2009 2:53 am

I dabble in sculpting once in a while, and I've always used Sculpey. It works pretty good for non-realistic stuff, but polymer clay is the best for quality realistic pieces. I used it once in art class and loved it. Except the firing process took forever. But it stays in one play when you're sculpting and carving and it hardens if you don't keep it moist, which is useful for not messing up a part that you're finished with.
Forgotten-Ragdoll
Forgotten-Ragdoll
Mini Meeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonTriforce Sun May 31, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm horrible at sculpting with clay. In kindergarten I sculpted a chicken and it looked like a pumpkin because I made it to fat. Even though that was in kindergarten and I had little experience I'm still horrible now.
ToonTriforce
ToonTriforce
Expert Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum