Mad Meeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite medium!

3 posters

Go down

Your favorite medium! Empty Your favorite medium!

Post by Ashley Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 pm

We all have to have some sort of medium we enjoy right? What is your favorite tools to use when making artwork?

For me, I enjoy using Photoshop, but every once in a while I pick up my watercolors or acrylic paints and make something crappy from it. =P Sketching things out with a pencil, scanning them, and then coloring them in Photoshop is usually the way I do things.

So, your turn!
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your favorite medium! Empty Re: Your favorite medium!

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 am

I really like colored pencils! Currently using watercolor pecils w/o water because they are nice and smooooth. I really need to use PS more though because my tablet is going to waste away in the corner.... (Found dust on it yesterday D: ) I try to use markers sometimes but I'm not very good at blending... at all OTL maybe one day I'll learn...
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

http://leilanibrief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 12:37 am

I've been using colored pencils lately because of my lack of time to do stuff on Photoshop. It's hard stuff, really only because you get one shot at the coloring and when you mess up....that's it, you've ruined it. D:

I want to try using markers, I don't have much experience with them at all. I'm considering selling some GFX for real money so I can save up and buy some copic markers to try them out.
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 12:57 am

Yeah, that's why I don't like coloring stuffs I'm really proud of... I know I'll ruin the skin OTL I can never get the colors right...

I have some copics! They are super expensive though and take alot of getting used to, but there are so many nice soft colors~
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 am

Yeah, I never do anything with my good sketches. And if I do plan on doing something, then I scan it first so I can have a digital copy. =P

Well, what good equipment doesnt get taking used to? xD I have a pack of prismacolor colored pencils and they are hard to use. Once you've mastered them (ie. NOT me. xD) everything looks soooooo nice. O_O So I guess I can buy one of those starter packs so I can get used to the markers. It would make a lot of my traditional stuff come out a lot smoother and fuller in color. =D
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 1:07 am

XD I tried to use some prismacolors once, but my hand ended up smudging everything... The pencils were to soft for me, but I would like to try using them again.... Gah I hate how expensive nice materials are :( I went to the store to buy three little bottles of acrylic paints and a brush and it cost me 20$ D: I regret buying them now.... (...could have bought dbz season 6 for the same price T________T)

Yeah, definately recommend the starter packs XDD I have a pack of 72 markers my dad bought be that are going to waste.... luckily they don't dry out fast (I've had them for around 2 years and they still aren't dead! how nice! :D )
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 1:41 am

I just request all my art supplies for my birthday and stuff, mostly acrylic paints because I hardly ever use them...the only reason why I have been is because I was taking art lessons this year. They provided all the materials. =P But since I'm thinking about a summer job I'm going to have to start buying my own supplies now...

Well, at least I know they are good quality since they dont dry out! xD That's good to know.
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid-flier Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Sharpies pens and markers.

I just love to use them! I don't know why. I Enjoy shading and making crosshatch type patterns making the pen a top favorite (Besides not being able to find a pencil around the house) I like the thought of things being permanent, which for some reason makes drawing more exciting because I wouldn't be able to fix it. xD

However, if something happens and I really liked the picture, I could just run it over and fix it up on photoshop. Luckily that hasn't really happened that often though. To be honest I don't like working digitally, it takes forever and I can't get the type of effects I want I could easily do my hand. I have to learn it sooner or later though... Which is why I've been doing things more often on it.
Acid-flier
Acid-flier
Supercalifragilistic Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down