Mad Meeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling art

5 posters

Go down

Selling art Empty Selling art

Post by Chibiwolf Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

A lot of artists, of either fan or original art, sell the work they make. This gets them recognized and well known, especially on forums like GFXZone, and Gaiaonline. Has anyone ever sold some of theyre art before? Me? I am a much better artist with pen and paper then with a computer so I sold a few drawings of Ichigo to a few kids at school. Not the best but pretty good and a few bucks a picture puts a few Switches (yum!) in my pocket.
Chibiwolf
Chibiwolf
Postaholic

http://s1.zetaboards.com/chibiwolf

Back to top Go down

Selling art Empty Re: Selling art

Post by Ashley Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:01 am

In the sense of forum money, tons of times. I actually have a banner shop over on LoZ. =P There are a few other sites that I do stuff like that on.

It's rare that I ever actually do commissions for real money. One of my "artistically challenged" friends took art for an easy grade, so one time he paid me to help him with about half his image. XD It's really only stuff like that, normally when I draw stuff for people it's doing them favors and stuff. paranoid
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 am

I tried to get a friend to pay for a commission from me, but it didn't work XD I was just kidding, but I really would have liked that money to buy the next season of DBZ... (yes, I'm a dbz tard)

I think I did about 2 commission on gaia for gaiagold but that's it. I gave up after that because I didn't feel like continuing it... (wow I'm lazy XDDD)
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

http://leilanibrief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 am

(nothing wrong with being a DBZ fan. xD)

I've only taken two on Gaia as well. I want to open up an art shop, but there's not many people who like Leezerds and reptiles soo.....yeah. xD
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 am

Dark_Kokiri wrote:(nothing wrong with being a DBZ fan. xD)

I've only taken two on Gaia as well. I want to open up an art shop, but there's not many people who like Leezerds and reptiles soo.....yeah. xD

Well, you would just have to warn them in the title! I'm sure some people like it, I thought it was cute XD I set up a shop once, it's pretty simple and you can edit over time, it was fun while it lasted...
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 1:02 am

I'm thinking about trying to develop the Leezerds to make them more adaptable to anyone's taste. Maybe even some dinosaurs...stuff like that. xD

I think setting up the shop is half the fun anyways. xD
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leilanibrief Fri May 29, 2009 1:21 am

Hehe the other half is talking to the people that come and ask for the drawings XD I don't particularly like actually drawing... just imagining what I could draw is nice, harder to get it onto paper T__T
leilanibrief
leilanibrief
Mini Meeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah, that's how I am a lot of times. =< There's this one shop on there called "Fledglings" Amazing stuff, and the owner says he draws that stuff all the time! D: I wish I was the same way.... ;-;
Ashley
Ashley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid-flier Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:05 pm

LOADS!
I have a commission shop on Mistic Pets! I get tons of Mistic Points (Or even cash/Premium items) from the users who order. I normally try finish at least 1-2 within 3 days or so... They commission a lot and my slots keep getting filled.

I use to do real money before, but it was only to family and friends. Probably not for a while ether, since I don't think my art is good enough yet.
Acid-flier
Acid-flier
Supercalifragilistic Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisterrules Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Nothing I make I think is good enough to sell.

That's because I usually say it's finished when I am bored and want to do
something else.

If I tried to make something that good I
1. would probably never finish it
and
2. would probably not be able to sell it either, because I doubt anyone would want to buy it in the first place.
Twisterrules
Twisterrules
Expert Poster

http://www.webstarts.com/TwistersGameDomain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum